I know you guys are like what the heck where did she go. Well I actually have a good excuse….. I did the Master Cleanse again and let’s just say this time I was a bit grumpy and definite sign my body was detoxing. I will have all the details and some more tips for you later.
I also have been wash and go crazy and have almost used up my second 32 oz jar of my Eco Styler gel. I also have been on a budget and been very creative whipping up some awesome DTs with coconut milk and oil.
I wish I could say the same about my Oyin products…I’m not really having much success.
I’m also working on my fall regimen so D&C University will be back in session. It’s already getting cold and windy, hence this is the Windy City so I need to calm down on the gels and put more butters and creamy products in my reggie.
Well I gotta get to all this blogging… and don’t forget to comment, send any questions, or even share your experiences.
I have continued to eat a vegan diet for the most part and have lost another 3lbs this week for a total of 16.8 lbs since starting the cleanse. One thing I need to get better with is working out I jumped rope for 20 mins yesterday but I plan to jog at least 3 times a week or jump rope when I don’t want to go anywhere.
Since completing the master cleanse I have switched my whole lifestyle up in terms of how and what I eat. My pj has turned into a vitiamin and health food pj’ism.
I have decided to dedicate this week to Curly Nutrition. I think healthy hair really starts from the inside and having a healthy lifestyle.
So topics and reviews will include:
- acai berry aka the beauty berry
- Apple Cider Vinegar Cocktail
- my vitiamin cocktail (multi, fish oil, potassium)
- hair growth vitamins (biotin, msm, etc)
- my current meal and workout plan
Well stay tuned….
PS. Sorry for the lack of pix my cam is broke but will be back next week.
I had my first real meals today. The weight has not returned and I’m plan to stay away from meat and diary for another ten days. My meal plan this week is pretty simple and even available when I’m in a rush and out running when I don’t have time to make my meals.
- Breakfast: Quakers Weight Control Oatmeal (Maple Brown Sugar) or a Protein Shake
- AM Snack: An apple
- Lunch: A Veggie Packed Salad (today I added corn, black beans, red peppers, onions, and Craisins for my sweet tooth)
- PM Snack: Carrots and hummus or Almonds
- Dinner: Another colorful salad, a few steamed seasoned veggies, and brown rice
- I drink 20 oz of water with each meal
- A Vitamin cocktail in the morning (muli-v, probiotics, potassium, biotin, and fish oil)
One thing about coming off the diet is not falling back into the same habits. I also plan to do some cardio every other day like jumping rope and jogging. If I find myself need something sweet I grab some OJ (which is even too sweet sometimes). Since I completed the cleanse crazy sweet tooth has been tamed. If I don’t feel satisfied with my meal I add a vegetable based soup. One thing that is import is not overeating and not starving yourself. Its best to take it one day at a time until you can read your body. Well the updates on my success will continue. Don’t fret curlies this is still a hair blog but good health from the inside out does wonder for your hair and hair growth.
Okay guys its day two off the cleanse…and the results are in. I lost between 11 and 13.4 lbs. I lost inches as well the most around my neck and waist which was the most noticeable. Besides the weight loss overall I feel really clean on the inside its hard to explain but its a good feeling.
It was a humbling and interesting experience. I don’t think I have ever missed more than a day without food so imediately I realized how blessed I have been. Well lets break it down day by day.
- The Night Before: The Laxative Tea….it wasn’t as bad as I expected as far as taste. I’m real picky and was skeptical after not enjoying several detox teas before…
- Day 1:The salt water flush this by far was the worst part or me. Its the sickest most vile thing I have ever tasted. Ok it wasn’t that bad I just mixed it wrong with 2 tbs instead of tsp which resulted in me throwing it right back up
- Day 2: I was surprisingly not hungry although I had several daydreams about cooking, pizza, and hot wings. I had already lost 5lbs I was so excited and it motivated me to continue.
- Day 3:Still not hungry but found myself going to the fridge out of habit. There were so many temptations around my house even some of the healthy options like cherries my mother had out.
- Day4:I was in total shock that I made it so far and now it seemed like nothing. One girl at work at already stopped and we started at the same time. I also found some lemon and lime juice not from concentrate at Whole Foods which was a lifesaver because I was getting tired of squeezing lemons.
- Day 5: So its Friday thank God I’m going on a retreat so I don’t have to worry about my friends tempted me but I did have to explain to the people at the retreat why I wasn’t eating and I did get some looks.
- Day 6:I did the lax tea instead of the SWF since I had to share a room with someone but I think it was worse because my stomach was crampy and I felt nauseous. I also was getting annoyed with the taste of the lemonade. I found myself sleep a lot getting a nap whenever I could.
- Day 7: I check my weight daily to see if their was a difference between the lemon juice and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Since I was on retreat I couldn’t check my weight until the morning but I did get a sneak peek and there where know differences.
- Day 8: I switched to limeade. The lemons were starting to gross me out and by golly I think I like this wayyyy more. I also was at my lowest weight on the cleanse 13.4 lbs gone!
- Day 9: I am already planning my meal I can’t wait to eat something. I also forgot to drink my tea the night before and notices I gained 2lbs. I was a bit worried but I fell asleep again forget my tea.
- Day 10: I swear I thought this day would never come but I did it. I had the SWF down drinking it faster than ever and its actually not that bad when you mix it right. My weight stayed the same think God and now on to breaking the diet.
- Day 1 off the cleanse: So now it on to orange juice all day. I still surprised I’m not hungry or falling for the temptations around me like the big pretzel my fam had at this concert in the park. Geeesh people are mean lol.
- Day 2 off the cleanse: Well this is where I’m at now. OJ for breakfast and I bought a veggie soup from Treasure Island for lunch and dinner. It’s best to make it yourself but I have to get to work
This whole thing has been fun and I might do it twice a year. I think cleanse are necessary just for good health and ridding the body of toxins especially with the threat of swine flu this fall. I also started probiotics to get that good bacteria back in my body.
Stay tuned for the recipe and instructions but I have to get ready for work and post an updated on my hair.
So its 7:30 and I have at be at work at 10. This the my last day of the master cleanse and my last day of dealing with the grossest thing in the world the salt water flush. I’m sitting here now trying to drink all 32 ounces of this salty crap as fast as I can.
Salt salt water flush is like an internal bath for your colon and organs. It does result in the immediate need to make several eliminations in about 1-2 hours. So that’s why I’m rushing because I don’t want any problems going to work.
Overall this is the worst part of the cleanse in my opionion but wash everything clears out and the pounds fall off its worth the funny faces and horrid taste.
The mix consist of 2 tsp. of sea salt (non-iodized) and 32. 0z of distilled water (spring is fine too). Its best to drink it warm some add lemon juice to help with the taste but in my opinion that made it worse…….holding on a sec time for me to get this down before I get carried away….
…ok maybe not its too hot…and nothing is worst than throwing up salt water. Its best to drink it warm not hot. I try to pretend its a salty soup or something and just gulp, gulp. gulp without thing about it.
The night before I drink a herbal laxative tea. I have tried the chocolate and regular. Its actually aren’t as bad as I expected since I love to load honey in my teas….but don’t do this just drink it down the night before or mores you can’t do the SWF.
I have found that the regular tea is a bit better maybe becasue I love chocolate and the tease is not right.
Well hopefully my SWF has cooled down because I am cutting it close but I will be back later to review this whole experience and share my recipe as well.